Irelandia Aviation has had significant success with LCC developments to date.
We have developed 5 LCC's around the world which have become well established in their geographies. We have realised our investment in the 3 oldest airlines and achieved significant returns.
This shows the potential of the LCC model, carefully developed and managed, to create substantial value while providing consumers with a highly efficient, reliable, low fare service and benefiting the region through increased connectivity and affordable travel .
- Europe’s largest LCC and the world’s largest international airline (passengers carried)
- Founded by Ryan family in 1985; developer of LCC model in Europe
- 82m passengers per annum ; 300 aircraft
- IPO 1997 (NASDAQ)
- Outperformed NASDAQ by 8x, 1997-2012
- USA leisure travel airline with very distinctive model; renowned for creating new markets
- Irelandia investment in 2005 as part of redevelopment and change of business model
- 7m passengers; over 69 aircraft
- IPO 2006 (NASDAQ)
- 6x return on investment after 24 months
- Asian and Australian low cost airline; HQ in Singapore
- Founded in 2004; collaboration with Singapore Airlines 49%, Indigo Partners 24% and Temasek 11%
- 7m passengers; 43 aircraft
- IPO 2010 (Singapore)
- 28x return multiple on initial investment
- Mexico’s low fares airline; low cost leader
- Founded 2006
- Partnership with IAMSA, Mexico’s largest bus operator
- 4m passengers; 19 aircraft.
- Private company.
- First LCC in Colombia; bringing low fares to new passengers
- Commenced May, 2012; extends Irelandia Aviation in Latin America
- Partnership with Grupo Bolivar, Grupo Fast and IAMSA (Mexico)
- Private company (early development phase)
- Leverages experience and synergies with Viva Aerobus Mexico